Child Fatality Review Panel - NOW AT GBI
The Georgia Child Fatality Review Panel was created to prevent child fatalities that are preventable through the establishment of an effective review and standardized data collection system designed to:
- Improve response to child fatalities
- Improve understanding of how and why children die
- Influence legislation, policies and programs that effect the health, safety and protection of children
The Panel provides direction and oversight for the local Child Fatality Review (CFR) committees. The purpose of the CFR committees is to provide a confidential forum to determine the cause and circumstances around child deaths. The work of the CFR committees is:
- To accurately identify and uniformly report the cause and manner of every child death.
- To identify circumstances surrounding deaths that could prevent future deaths and initiate preventive efforts.
- To promote collaboration and coordination among the participating agencies.
- To propose needed changes in legislation, policies and procedures.
CFR Committee should submit their Annual Child Fatality Report to: